Roasting veggies before blending them into a soup is one of the easiest ways to pack in flavor! The potatoes make this soup deliciously thick and creamy, so it’s sure to fill you up. At just $0.53 per serving, you can’t go wrong!
1/2 cup broth
drizzle of olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
2 large potatoes peeled and cubed
1/2 cup milk of choice
pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
1 cup water
4 zucchini cut into thick rounds
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- On 2 baking sheets lined with parchment, toss potato cubes and zucchini rounds in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast both pans for 25 to 30 minutes, until vegetables are browning.
- Add olive oil and garlic to a saucepan over medium heat and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add water, broth, milk, and roasted vegetables to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are fork tender, pour contents of saucepan into a blender or food processor and blend everything up. (An immersion blender will also work, too!) Make your soup as smooth or chunky as you prefer.
- Season to taste if needed.
- Serve and enjoy! I topped my soup with pine nuts, but you could top yours with anything you like!
- Yields 6 cups (4 servings).
Serving: 1.5 cups