Serves 4 steaks and 2 cups of sauce servings
drizzle of olive oil
1 head cauliflower
pepper (to taste)
salt (to taste)
Red Pepper Sauce:
16 oz jar roasted red peppers (drained)
leftover cauliflower from steak, steamed/roasted (optional)
1/2 lemon juiced
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp walnuts
1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut cauliflower into ¾” thick slices.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add a cauliflower slice to pan and season with salt & pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes (until it begins to brown), flip, and cook other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes.
- (Option: while steaks are cooking, roast or steam leftover cauliflower until tender, to use in sauce.)
- In a food processor or blender, blend sauce ingredients.
- Serve cooked cauliflower steak over sauce and enjoy!
- Lasts 3-4 days in the fridge.