Serves 12 sliders
1/3 cup bread crumbs
2 cups cauliflower florets
1/2 tsp chili powder
1.5 cups cooked red lentils
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp onion chopped
pepper (to taste)
salt (to taste)
- In a food processor or blender, blend all ingredients together. Refrigerate 15 minutes to firm.
- Use an ice cream scoop (or about 3-4 Tbsp) to scoop out the burger patties, about 3 inches wide, onto a heated skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pan fry over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until crispy, and then flip to cook the other side for another 10 minutes (these cook better over lower heat, for a longer time). You can also transfer the mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 25 minutes, rather than pan-frying.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite burger toppings!
- Lasts 2-3 days in the fridge.