chives for garnish
1 garlic clove minced
1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
1 Tbsp light cream cheese or Neufchâtel
3 Tbsp milk of choice
3 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup broth
1.5 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1.5 – 2 pounds (lbs) lean ground beef
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup onion chopped
pepper (to taste)
salt (to taste)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- For mashed “potatoes,” boil cauliflower florets for about 6-10 minutes, until fork tender. (You really can’t go too soft since these will be blended into a mash!) Drain well, then pat dry.
- In a food processor, purée cauliflower with remaining mash ingredients. (Add milk to adjust consistency as desired.)
- For pie, sauté onions in olive oil, then add meat, salt, and pepper. Cook meat until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, broth, and mixed veggies. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer uncovered until the liquid reduces (about 10-15 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In a 9×13” baking dish, layer meat, then mashed “potatoes,” then cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes. If desired, broil for the last few minutes to brown the cheese on top.
- Enjoy! Lasts 3-4 days in the fridge.