The rich and sweet flavor of banana bread infused into a healthy baked oatmeal breakfast.
- Total Cost $3.57 recipe / $0.46 serving
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 45 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Servings 8
- 1 1/2 cups about 3-4 medium mashed bananas $0.98
- 1/3 cup brown sugar $0.11
- 2 large eggs $0.32
- 1/2 tsp salt $0.02
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract $0.14
- 1/2 tsp baking powder $0.02
- 1/2 tsp baking soda $0.02
- 2 cups milk $0.75
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats $0.43
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon $0.02
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg $0.02
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts $0.84
Begin preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Mash the bananas well with a fork. Measure the bananas to make sure you have about 1.5 cups. Whisk the mashed bananas together with the brown sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Next whisk in the milk, then stir in the oats. Roughly chop the walnuts and stir them in as well.
Spray the inside of a glass baking dish (8×8 inch or similar size) with non-stick spray. Pour in the oat mixture. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the center is solid and the edges are slightly golden brown.
Serve warm or refrigerate and enjoy cold!