Who We Are
The American Foundation for Children with AIDS (AFCA) is a non-profit organization providing critical support to infected and affected HIV+ children and their caregivers. Since 2005, in collaboration with our in-country partners, we have served tens of thousands of families in underserved and marginalized communities in Africa. Our areas of impact include: medical support, livelihoods, nutrition, educational support and emergency relief. Currently, AFCA is transforming lives in Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe, and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Core Values we deliver:
- Efficient and sustainable programs that promote self-reliance, with measurable results
- Comprehensive services for children and their families/caregivers
- Support in regions that are underserved and marginalized
- GuideStar gives us a Gold Seal due to our transparency and financial care
- Charity Watch says we are a Top Rated Charity, giving us a B+ rating
- Charity Navigator gave us a 4 out of 4 star rating
- Great Non-Profits named us a Top Rated Charity
- Independent Charities of America gave us their seal of Best in America
- About.com named us in 'Top 20 HIV/AIDS Charities of 2014'
In 2015, we spent 93.8% on programs directly affecting the children (medicine, training, school fees, food, livelihood programs).